Terms and conditions of business
When you place a request with Pemberton-Browne, we immediately begin searching our extensive database of currently available candidates who most closely fit your needs as requested by you. We ask that you accept our Terms and Conditions before the process starts, not to inconvenience you, but rather to make sure that there are no surprises and so that you end up a satisfied client with exactly the experienced crew you need.
Understanding that the needs of your yacht are unique, we structure our placement terms and fees as follows.
1. Fees payable in respect of the supply by Pemberton-Browne ( the Company) of crew payable by the person, captain or corporation upon whose instructions they are supplied ( hereafter called the Employer) whether they are supplied to the Employer or to a third party are as follows.
2. In addition to the fees payable under condition 1 hereof the Employer will reimburse the Company in respect of all costs and expenses incurred by the Company in connection with the supply of personnel including without predjudice to the generality of the foregoing of the personnel supplied by Pemberton-Browne. Visa cost, certification cost for flag licences, medical expenses, telephone and other petty charges and expenses.
3. Fees and outlays payable under condition 1 & 2 are payable in Euros on engagement of the supply of the crew to which they relate.
4. Under MLC it is the responsibility of Pemberton-Browne to check references.
5. No crew supplied under these conditions of business are employed by the Company and the Company accepts no responsibility for any terms and conditions under which such crew maybe employed whether by the Employer or a third party.
6. The supply of crew by the Company will be deemed to constitute acceptance of the conditions of business by the Employer.
7. It is understood that subsequent to the Company submitting a candidates CV for consideration and the client then engages a Pemberton-Browne consultant by asking for the contract details, references and information following the submission of a Cv, The Employer accepts that the Company is the sole agent involved in the successful placement of that particular candidate.
8. Our Placement fees for permanent crew are 50% of the first months’ salary and 20% of the total salary paid for temporary or relief crew working for less than 90 days. All invoices are due for payment within 14 days of the crew member joining the yacht.
9. Insurance cover including deployment and repatriation for all personnel supplied will be the responsibility of the Employer
10. The conditions of business and all matters following therein shall be governed and constructed by the laws of France.
11. Pemberton-Browne do not charge candidates any fees for our placement services.
12. In the event that any crew member supplied leaves the Employer within 7 days of joining the yacht, we will reimburse the fee charged, or alternatively provide a suitable replacement at no additional cost.
13. In the event that the crew member leaves the Employer after 7 days and before 60 days of joining for any reason, then Pemberton-Browne will offer suitable replacement candidates at no additional cost.
The owner, management company or Captain of the yacht is responsible for all travel and incidental expenses in getting the candidate to and from the yacht.
Pemberton-Browne guarantees that we vigorously screen candidates, check their resumes, personally interview candidates and check references and qualifications to ensure we provide our clients with the highest calibre crew available in the industry, but we cannot be responsible for the actions of candidates after hiring.
Our replacement guarantees do not include refunds. *